Red Desk can support small businesses by providing an outsourced HR function. Many small to medium sized companies struggle with dealing with HR matters effectively, particularly where businesses may have had a rapid period of expansion or staff have been given management roles with minimal support or training.
Red Desk’s CPP qualified staff have a wealth of HR knowledge and can be brought in to assist with understanding the organisation’s culture and how effective their HR support has been in the past. Small businesses should also note that it is helpful to outsource the more sensitive matters such as disciplinary and grievances to a neutral third party to ensure impartiality and fair process.
Red Desk offer HR support in the following areas:
- Recruitment and selection – preparation of job descriptions and candidate criteria, advertising roles, CV review and selection, interviewing candidates, obtaining references and verifying documents
- Contracts of employment – issuing contracts and providing advice and support on varying and terminating contracts
- Disciplinary and grievances – conducting internal investigations and staff interviews, reporting findings and recommendations and supporting tribunal hearings
- Managing employee benefit schemes – sourcing and management of benefit schemes including: pensions, life assurance, private health, income protection and well-being perks
- Employee development – preparing skills assessments, dealing with staff training/development and management of the appraisal process
- Employment policies – preparation of employment policies in line with current best practice and staff communication/implementation
- Day to day HR support – advice and guidance for line managers, dealing with employee relations, staff satisfaction, employee engagement and preparation of staff handbooks
We charge on an ad hoc hourly rate so can be brought in to help when an issue arises. Equally, we offer project and day rates if requested.