Online Event Promotion – What to consider
Following some recent work with a new client around gaining sign-ups for a fitness course, we thought we would share some best practise pointers for promoting any type of Event or Course online.
Research the market
- Who are your target audience?
- Where can they be reached?
- What platforms are others in your industry using to promote their events?
- Don’t rush into launching your campaign
- Take a look at who you are targeting and why – for example people are far more likely to sign up for a fitness course in January than December
- When posting or promoting posts on social media use your insights to see when your followers are online
- Run a test post on Facebook to see your results, this will allow you to set a budget, bare in mind promotion can do better with smaller daily amounts over longer periods
- Use Google Adwords, you don’t need to spend a fortune to get results if you use the correct search terms
- Use your networks of contacts to help spread the word
- Look for influencers you follow and ask them if they will help retweet or share the information
Post to Google Business
- Make sure you have claimed your Google Business profile
- Create posts that include your relevant keywords and search terms
Keep it Visual
- Use Twitter cards – these are free to use, stand out well and you can pin them to the top of the page
- Videos work well – create a post using a video for more engagement
- Use good quality image and include text with calls to action
The Direct Approach
- Share the offer or event in relevant Facebook groups – do keep checking back for comments
- Tag people and pages in your Facebook and Twitter posts for more engagements
- Ask for a Retweet!
- Check Insights and Analytics to see how well your promotion is performing and which posts are achieving the best results
- Monitor enquiries and ask where leads are coming from
You may wish to look at our other related articles:
- How to use social media to promote your event
- Social media at events
- Event planning
- Community events
Or our dedicated Events page which lists how we can help your business with your next event.